Sunday, August 3, 2014

Chorizo Stuffed Peppers ....

Here's what I cooked today
 
I changed a few things in the recipe so I put notes by that
 
  • 1 onion
  • 2 carrots
  • 4 cloves of garlic
  • 4 poblano peppers (I can never find these so I used green peppers)
  • 1/2 head cauliflower
  • 2 lbs  chorizo sausage (casing removed)
  • 6 ounces tomato paste
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (I did not use this as it contains sugar and you know how I feel about sugar!)
  • 1 stalk celery
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed
  • 1 tablespoon dry oregano
  • 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
  • 1 cup tomato sauce
  • salt and pepper to taste
Cut the tops off of the peppers and remove seeds


 
In food processor place carrots, celery, cauliflower, garlic, and jalapeno. Pulse until finely chopped
 
in a large bowl, combine veggies from food processor with chorizo, tomato paste, oregano, tarragon, Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper
 
pour a cup of tomato sauce into the bottom of the crock pot
stuff your peppers with mixture and place upright in the crock pot. I used the remainder of the tomato sauce that was in the can and drizzled over the top of the peppers
 
cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours.
 
 
delicious........another keeper!!
 
later....

1 comment:

Loreluca said...

Nina, did you put them in the crockpot? Look DELISH!