Saturday, July 25, 2015

Canning ....

It's that time of the year......fresh tomatoes
and in order to enjoy those throughout the winter, I like 
to can as much as I have time to do.
It's a bit time consuming......like all day time consuming...ha!
But it's fun, especially if you have others to join in

Momma has been canning with me for the past few
years so it was a bit sad to not have her with me this year
She always kept me laughing

But my sisters, Vickie and Kandi, wanted to learn how to can
so we got together last weekend and we also had
lots and lots of laughs. Especially me splashing super hot
water all over the place!!

We did 22 quarts on Saturday
I finished up on Sunday with 17 more quarts
39 quarts = 13 quarts each = $2.02 per quart
pretty good
I'll be looking to do a little more canning on another
date and hope my sisters can join me.
We have decided this will be a new family tradition of us!

getting everything set up



Counting jars.....


I sterilize my jars in the dishwasher on the sanitize setting



all cut up and ready to cook



 all ready to be covered up to keep warm until they seal



later.....

No comments: