Monday, August 24, 2015

It's August 24th ....

I can't believe summer is almost over
and can't believe I have been so horrible about blogging!

It's has just been a busy summer.
and here's just a bunch of rambling.....

I blogged about our vacation on the Chesapeake Bay
with Tommy and Joanne.

I've had to work from home a lot due to my ankle
which as it turned out was mis-diagnosed....not sprained after all
tendinitis in my Achilles tendon and one of the side tendons

And since I brought up the ankle situation, let me just tell you
the eye situation. I was sitting at home working and started seeing
black outlined circles in my vision. I thought that was weird enough but
then if I looked to the right, I would see what looked like
lightning flashes. Truly this must be a problem.....so of course, 
I googled it. And yes, that could indicate a detached retina.
Call my eye doctor and they call a retina doctor, tell me to get a ride
there that I shouldn't be driving and get there asap.
well now, I'm a sissy so this really scared me.
Johnny came home from work and took me to the doctors
as it turned out, not detached and they felt like it would improve.
as of today, I still see black circles but not as many
I still see the lightning flashes but not as often
so I'm guessing all of that means it is getting better
I go back for a re-check in September

Our daughter Nicole had a birthday....turned 33!
she is one busy girl with 3 boys and now having a little
girl in November! On top of that, she is organizing 
an Apraxia walk to raise awareness. This is what our grandson Maddox
has....so a week ago we went to Chuck E Cheese where she
was having a fund raiser for the walk.

My zombie withdrawal came to an end this past Sunday as
Fear the Walking Dead premiered.
Loved it!!

Also this past weekend we enjoyed a fun cookout at our 
daughter Jacquelyn and son-in-law Bucky's home
Both of them have turned in to such great cooks and they
made a fabulous dinner for us, Bucky's mom and step-dad and
Jake and Kayce. Declan was really enjoying everyone being there
They cooked and grilled, the weather was great, we all hung out
outside watching Declan have fun in his pool. 



 here is our little princess, Avery Grace
she's now 3 months old



Our son and his girlfriend Kayce moved into a little 2 bedroom
home in the city. They are excited to have a bigger place and 
a nice backyard. Jake is very excited to finally get to use his new grill
And their corgi, Newman.....now has a fenced in yard to enjoy. They
really had a tough weekend as they moved on Friday / Saturday
and then left Saturday afternoon for the beach for a week. So
they were crazy tired.....but most def enjoyed their time at the beach



We also went down to the beach.....but not my beloved OBX
We headed down a bit further to Myrtle Beach, SC.
We went to see friends who have retired down there
Glenda is my oldest friend....not oldest in age :) but oldest
in she has been my dearest friend for just over 37 years.
And not just friends but really, like family.....all of my family
and all of Johnny's family loves Glenda!!
So going down there and hanging out with Jerry and Glenda has
been one of the highlights of our year....not sure why in the world
we have waited so long to go down there. They have been retired 
at the beach for 5 years now. And their daughter Tina and her husband
came to stay too. I have known Tina almost her entire life and love her so much
We so enjoyed hanging out and can't wait to go back.

Out on the beach you could see a rain storm out in the distance




we started to see people gather on the beach so we just had
to go find out what was going on .... and you guessed it, a shark!
some people were saying he was 3 to 4 feet long
he was thrashing about in the water going after a fish
to be fair, we were right by the pier and the water temp that day was 83
perfect for a shark!


Great picture of Glenda and Jerry
we walked around at Broadway on the Beach
it was pretty hot so went in to one of the sports bars
and had some appetizers and cold beer


I hope I have this name right but I think we were at
Garden City Pier. They have a band on each end of the pier
we hung out for a while, had some cold beers and enjoyed
the music



and now we are 2 weeks away from heading down to our
most favorite place, the Outer Banks of North Carolina....can't wait!!

later......


No comments: